Image credit: @allyinblunderland
How to get Bright Ombré Hair
Ah, ombre. You’ve always set our hairspo pulse racing, and what with the look becoming a style-staple rather than a passing trend we thought we’d dish all the deets. Obvs we’ve still got major <3 for the natural ombre look, but we’re feeling bright and bold RN…
For the most vibrant results, your tresses should be extra light to dark blonde (depending on which shades you choose) so you’ll need to pre-lighten if you’re not lucky enough to be a natural blonde. If you’ve already got colour on your hair, this can affect the results you’ll achieve when lightening or colouring so give our colour advisors a quick call on 0800 328 9214 for some personalised help!
If you’re after a super-vivid ombre, reach for our semi-permanent LIVE Ultra Brights or Pastel range, which are designed to last up to 15 washes. Next, pick the two shades you want for the look (oh, the choices!). Our blogger babe Ally went for a LIVE Pillar Box Red and LIVE Shocking Pink combo. Ready to go?
- Remember some skin barrier cream for your hairline, ears & neck - you’ll be glad you did!
- You may want to section your hair first, especially if you have long or thick hair - this can really help to make sure you’re getting full, even coverage during application.
- On towel-dried hair and with gloves on, apply the first colour from your roots into your mid-lengths. You can do this using your hands or a tint brush (you can pick these up on the high street).
- There are a couple of different techniques for achieving the ombre blend. When you’re working with 2 bright colours, you can afford to be a little more freehand.
- Take the second colour and apply it from the mid-lengths to the ends. Where the 2 colours meet in the middle, just smudge or blend in together - this will help to avoid a harsh line
- Leave for the recommended development time, rinse & condition. During rinsing, the colours may run a little but this also helps to create your ombre effect!
For more ombre application techniques, check out our ombre how tos here